I loooooove carbs!
But sometimes if I end up eating a ton of carbs during the day, I balance my day out with a lower-carb option for dinner. It's all about those nutrition checks and balances people.
This pad thai is an AMAZING low carb option made with zucchini noodles. You can buy a hand-held spiralizer on Amazing for under $12 and it's awesome to make fun dishes like this!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell pepper
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1lb chicken breast, shrimp, (or 1-2 blocks of tofu for vegetarians
- 2-3 Tablespoons fish sauce (vegetarians use Hoisin Sauce!)
- 2 Tablespoons tamarind concentrate
- 1-2 Tablespoons chili garlic sauce
1. Prep your veggies: Spiralize your zucchini, grate the carrots, sliver a bell pepper, and grate / mince your garlic.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients and half the garlic to make your sauce. Taste it and add more fish sauce/ tamarind as you like.
3. Spray a pan with oil spray and cook the garlic + protein. I used shrimp, but you can also use tofu, chicken, beef, pork etc!
4. Put the protein to one side. Now, add your carrots + bell pepper and toss with the sauce. Add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute until the zucchini is soft but NOT soggy.
5. Add the protein in and mix everything up together. Take a taste - how is it? Add salt, pepper, fish sauce, or chili powder to taste depending on how you like it.